Get ready for an unforgettable trip in which you will visit FOUR Balkans countries and truly experience endless wonder and awe.
On this magical trip, you see the greatest places and partake in the must-do yet also delve deeper and go more unique, doing and seeing that which you won't find anywhere else!
From activities (such as hot air ballooning over Lake Bled, Slovenia, paragliding over the Julian Alps and Soca Valley, speedboating to the Elafiti Islands) and historical tours, to cultural treks (such as biking and hiking through ghost town, Završje, and artists’ hilltop village, Grožnjan, and exploring crazy gorgeous underground Skocjan Caves) and culinary indulgences (truffle, oyster/mussel, olive oil, and traditional Strukli, Peka, and a local Konavle family cooking experience). You will also stay in some of the most fantastic hotels in existence, as well as an incredible forest glamping experience!
Here are some of the things you will be doing, or have the option of doing:
- Visit FOUR countries over the course of 16 days. YES, you read that right, you will tour some of the world’s most exquisite and culturally rich locations: Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, and Montenegro.
- Travel in style to some of the finest cities in existence, and a vast array of location types. To name a few: Zagreb, Lake Bled, Ljubljana, Bovec, Soca, Rovinj, Porec, Motovun and Istrian countryside, Plitvice, , Šibenik, Trogir, Omis, Hvar, Dubrovnik, Mostar, Kotor, Perast, and so many more!
- Take a sunrise hot air balloon ride over stunning Lake Bled, straight out of a fairytale, as you watch the sun rise over two mountain ranges, the Julian Alps and Karavanks.
- Horseback ride through world-renowned beauty Plitvice Lakes, Croatia’s national park comprised of 16 travertine lakes and over 90 waterfalls, followed by a traditional slow-cooked meat and vegetable “peka” dinner.
- Walk into a nature lover’s dream at Vintgar Gorge in Triglav, Slovenia’s national park.
- Take a "Parenzana trail" tour, cycling to reclaimed hilltop artist’s colony, Grožnjan, ghost town Završje, and making up for the exercise with a truffle tasting at Motovun and Livade, where a local family hosts us with this enchanting delicacy.
- Dive into Hvar , literally or figuratively, choosing to explore the Pakleni Islands by kayak or scuba, or see the town by foot and climb the Španjola Fortress for an incredible view from above.
- Visit Bosnia & Herzegovina’s River Neretva, (said to be the coldest river in the world!), and UNESCO heritage site, The Old Bridge, in Mostar.
- Tour stunning Dubrovnik, speedboat to the Elafiti Islands, and enjoy a Konavle culinary experience with a local family, while you learn about regional gastronomy, take an active role in preparing your meal or just enjoy the time with new friends.
- Pamper your palate with a Ston oyster experience, in which you will visit a local oyster and mussel farm and enjoy a seafood lunch with paired wines.
- Climb Game of Thrones’ Klis Fortress in Trogir, and more fortresses in Šibenik, tour Diocletian’s Palace in Split, Old Town and St. Euphemia in Rovinj, the Euphrasian Basilica in Porec, capitals Zagreb (Croatia) and Ljubljana (Slovenia), just to name a few :)
- Cross the border to Montenegro and indulge your eyes with the Bay of Kotor and Perast (Our Lady of the Rocks), artificial island created in the 15th century by bulwark of rocks and sinking old and seized ships loaded with rocks.
- We do not end our days on this incredible trip anything but in style and experience! From boutique hotels (such as the Hotel Fermai) to glamping (in a Slovenian forest), your rest and recharge on this trip will be as memorable as every other part of the visit!